Making it Work is project dedicated to seeing the CRPD implemented. Below is the series of questions they propose to States who are adopting the Convention on Rights of Persons with disabilities
Article 30 - Participation in cultural life, recreation, leisure and sport
Access to culture, recreation, leisure and sport are also important areas to be taken into
account for the full participation in society of persons with disabilities.
Questions to address:
• Are intellectual property laws a barrier to persons with disabilities seeking to
access cultural materials?
• Does public funding provided to cultural, leisure/touristic and sporting facilities
and organizations require compliance with accessibility standards?
• Do general accessibility plans include the elimination of barriers in culture,
recreation, leisure and sport?
• Is the State providing support to disability-specific initiatives in the area of sports
• Is the State promoting and supporting deaf culture